Etihad Airways flies to more than 60 destinations in the Middle East, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. It also has a long list of partner airlines that extend the loyalty program's presence to thousands of destinations. These are all the ways you can earn miles with Etihad Guest.
Voo da Etihad Airways
You'll earn miles every time you fly with Etihad Airways or one of its 20+ partner airlines. The number of miles you earn when you fly Etihad depends on the distance flown and the fare class you book.
Choice Plus fares, which are more expensive but more flexible than discount fares, earn 100% of the standard per-mile fare, while fares that tend to be more affordable and include fewer amenities earn only 25% to 75% of that rate. Business Class and First Class fares earn additional miles ranging from 130% to 275% of the standard fare purchased.
- Economy class tickets:Earn 25% miles on promotional fares, 50% miles on Value fares and carry-on only, 75% on Choice fares and 100% on Choice Plus fares.
- Business class tickets:Earn 130% miles on Value fares, 175% on Choice fares and 200% on Choice Plus fares.
- First Class Tickets:Earn 275% miles on first class fares.
While booking a higher fare class will help you earn additional miles, purchasing services separately will not. For example, carry-on-only fares yield a lower fare than Choice and Choice Plus fares, which allow for additional services such as checked baggage, upgrade availability and, in the case of Choice Plus, priority boarding and flight selection . . However, if you purchase a seat upgrade to Economy Space for more legroom, you will not earn additional Etihad Miles.
GuestSeat fares, which are exclusive redemption seats reserved for Etihad members who book award flights, are not eligible to earn miles.
You can use Etihad'smiles calculatorto determine how many miles you can earn on your next flight. If you achieve priority status in the Etihad Guest program, you will have the opportunity to earn additional bonus miles on your flights with Etihad and select partners.
- Guest Etihad Bronze:bonus without miles
- Guest Etihad Silver:25% bonus miles
- Guest Etihad Gold:50% bonus miles
- Etihad Guest Platinum:75% bonus miles
Earn with status miles
You can earn bonus miles based on your status level (as shown above), but that's not all you earn. Each status level comes with unique benefits that can save you money and make your experience that much better.
- Bronze:free chats
- Talk:Economy seat guaranteed 48 hours in advance, 25% off instant mileage upgrades at the airport, priority check-in, access to dedicated lounge at Abu Dhabi airport, 10 kg excess baggage allowance and one additional checked bag
- Gold:Guaranteed Economy Seat 24 hours in advance, 50% off Instant Mileage Upgrades at the airport, Priority Check-in, Express Baggage and Immigration Check, Priority Boarding, 25% off Onboard Wi-Fi, Lounge Access business class for you and your companion in Etihad lounges and premium access worldwide, 15 kg excess baggage allowance and one additional checked bag
- Platinum:Economy seat guaranteed 12 hours in advance, executive seat guaranteed 48 hours in advance, 50% off instant upgrades with miles at the airport, priority check-in, express baggage and immigration control, priority boarding, 100% discount on inflight Wi-Fi Fi-Fi, First Class Lounge access for you and your guests in Etihad Lounges and premium access worldwide, 20 kilos of excess baggage allowance and one additional checked bag
You can find the complete list of status benefitshere.
Ganhe status com a Etihad Airways
Etihad's process for gaining status is pretty straightforward: you'll need to earn a specific number of tier miles or fly a required number of tier segments. Below are the requirements you must meet in any rolling 12-month period for each status level.
- Guest Etihad Bronze:join the program
- Guest Etihad Silver:25,000 level miles or 20 level segments
- Guest Etihad Gold:50,000 level miles or 40 level segments
- Etihad Guest Platinum:125,000 level miles or 60 level segments
Your status expires after one year. However, once you get Etihad status, the airline makes it easy to maintain that status, as you can see below.
- Maintain bronze status:without maturity
- Manter o State Prata:20,000 level miles or 15 level segments
- Maintain gold status:40,000 level miles or 30 level segments
- Maintain platinum status:100,000 level miles or 48 level segments
Flights on partner airlines
Etihad Airways is not a member of anyairline alliances. However, you can earn Etihad Guest Miles when you fly with any of the airline's 20+ partners, spanning all three major airline alliances, as described below. The number of miles you will earn varies by airline and generally depends on the fare class booked. Earnings on partner airlines can range from 10% to 300%.
Star Alliance members
- Air New Zealand (New Zealand)
- Air Canada (AC)
- Todas Nippon Airways (NH)
- Asiana Airlines (OZ)
- Bruxelas Airlines (SN)
- Scandinavian Airlines (SK)
- Air Europa (UX)
- Garuda Indonesia (Georgia)
- Korean Aire (KE)
- Saudi Arabia (SO)
- American Airlines (AA)
- Malaysia Airlines (MH)
- Ar de Omã (WY)
- Royal Air Marruecos (AT)
- Sri Lanka Airlines (UL)
- Air Serbia (JU)
- Bangkok Airways (PG)
- El Al (LY)
- Gulf Air (GF)
- Hainan Airlines (HU)
- Virgin Australia (VA)
Etihad Airways has an even bigger list ofcodeshare partnersthat help the airline expand its presence, and it is possible that a segment of your trip will be operated by one of these codeshare partners. As long as the flight is sold by Etihad Airways (flight number will start with EY) and you enter your Etihad Guest number when booking your flight, you will continue to earn Etihad Miles on these flights. Fares obtained are based on the fare class booked.
There are several Etihad co-branded credit cards offered by banks based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Etihad Guest Credit Cards include the ADCB Etihad Guest Infinite Credit Card, Etihad Guest Elevate and Etihad Guest Inspire Credit Card. These credit cards are only available to UAE residents.
While not a credit card, Etihad also offers Walletplus Visa prepaid cards for UAE residents with Silver, Gold or Platinum status. You can load these cards with one of the supported currencies and earn Etihad Miles every time you make a purchase.
While most people cannot earn Etihad Guest Miles through co-branded credit cards, the program has transfer partners with several major credit card rewards programs. Transferable points are credit card points that can be converted from your credit card rewards program into many airline and hotel loyalty programs and can help you earn miles even faster.
Etihad Guest Miles are transfer partners of four oftop transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1 Membership Rewards point per 1 Etihad Guest Mile (estimated transfer time five business days)
- Citi Thank You Rewards: 1 ThankYou point per 1 Etihad Guest mile; Etihad is only available as a transfer partner if you have theCiti Premier® Cardor theCiti Prestige® Card*(instant transfers)
- Capital One Rewards: 1 mile from Capital One to 1 mile from Etihad Guest (Instant Transfer)
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3 Marriott Bonvoy points per 1 Etihad Guest Mile, 5,000 bonus miles if you transfer 60,000 points (estimated transfer time three days)
Each of these programs offers varioustravel credit cards, from low or no annual fee travel cards to premium travel cards with broader benefits and a higher earning rate.
Featured partner offer
Citi Premier® Card
No site do Citi
Forbes Advisor has created additional star ratings so you can see the best card for your specific needs. This card excels for that use, but overall, star ratings may differ compared to other cards.
No site do Citi
Up to 10X reward rate
Earn 3 points per dollar at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, hotels and air travel. 1 point per dollar on everythingread more
20.99% - 28.99% (variable)
Excellent, Good(700 - 749)
With 3 points earned for every $1 spent on various travel essentials and gas stations, the Citi Premier card could be perfect for road warriors and frequent travelers alike. The card's high APR and lack of an introductory APR offer make it a poor choice for anyone looking to maintain a balance.
pros and cons
- Flexible travel redemption options
- No foreign transaction fee
- Add authorized users at no additional cost
- Annual fee without first year waiver
- No introductory APR offer
- No travel or purchase protections
- Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, for a limited time, earn a total of 10 ThankYou® points for every $1 spent on hotels, rental cars and attractions (excluding air travel) booked through Citi Travel℠ through June 30, 2024.
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent at gas stations, air travel and other hotels
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent at restaurants and grocery stores
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Hotel Savings Annual Benefit
- 60,000 ThankYou® Points can be redeemed for $600 in gift cards or travel rewards at thanksyou.com
- No expiration or limit to the number of points you can earn with this card
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on card purchases within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $600 worth of gift cards at thanksyou.com
Credit score ranges are based on FICO® credit scores. This is a scoring method only and a credit card issuer may use another method when considering your application. These are provided as guidelines only and approval is not guaranteed.
Etihad Guest does not have a shopping portal. It has a list of retailers and malls where you can earn miles whenever you shop, but the list is short and limited to Europe and Asia. If you shop at any of these outlets, please considerstacking offers from credit cards and shopping portalsto speed up the mileage accrual process.
With most Etihad shopping partners, you will need to present your Etihad Guest Card when shopping in person, although some offer an electronic redemption option. Exact earnings depend on the retailer: some offer 1 mile for every US$/Euro/Pound spent, while others have different earning rates. Business partners include European and Asian retailers, as well as some service providers such as financial institutions and telecommunications companies.
If you fly through Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) frequently and enjoy airport shopping, you can accelerate your earning potential thanks to Etihad's relatively new Miles on the Go program. You'll earn 1 Guest Mile for every 3 Dirhams (the currency of the United Arab Emirates) you spend at any of the airport's 119 participating retailers, including retail stores, restaurants and duty-free shops.
The Etihad Guest program does not offer dining rewards.
Buy Etihad Guest Miles
You can use cash to buy up to 100,000 Etihad Guest Miles per year, up to 150,000 for Platinum members. Buying miles is rarely a worthwhile option. Not only are they often expensive, but there are many free or cheaper ways to earn them. That said, it can be a convenient way to top up your Etihad balance if you're considering an award flight but are a few thousand miles short of cost.
You can buy Etihad miles for $20 per 1000 miles purchased, so the cost is $0.02 per mile. While this isn't outrageous, it probably isn't worth it unless you're sure you can get more than $0.02 worth of points per point on your reward redemption.
Hotel stays and rental cars
Etihad makes increasing your mileage balance with hotel stays and car hire flexible and easy, allowing you to earn guest miles with the following hotel brands, car rental agencies and travel booking sites. Make sure you book accordingly.Etihad's process with each partner, which typically involves booking through a special link, selecting Etihad Guest Miles as your member earning preference, and/or including your Etihad Guest number in your booking.
Travel booking portals
- Etihad Guest Travel Rewards:At least 1,000 miles per night
- Booking.com:3 to 6 miles per dollar
- Agoda.com:Up to 10,000 miles
- Rocketmiles:500 to 10,000 miles per night (average 7,000 miles per stay)
- Dusit Hotels and Resorts:500 miles per stay
- Hyatt Hotels and Resorts:500 miles per stay
- InterContinental Group of Hotels:500 miles per stay
- Accor hotels:1 to 1.25 miles for 1 to 4 euros depending on the hotel
- Marriot Bonvoy:1 to 2 miles per dollar, depending on the hotel
- Hotels and Resorts Millennium:500 miles per stay
- Smaller hotel group:500 miles per stay
- List:500 miles per stay
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts:500 miles per stay
- Trip.com:3 thousand to the dollar
car rental partners
- Avis:Up to 5 miles per dollar
- Budget:Up to 5 miles per dollar
In some cases, loyalty members of the hotel and rental car programs listed above may earn guest miles at an accelerated rate. Some properties may be excluded from the ability to earn Etihad Guest Miles, and it is also important to note that you will generally lose the opportunity to earn hotel points or car rental awards if you choose to earn miles.
You can also convert hotel points into Etihad miles from many different hotel loyalty programs. Find participating hotel programs and associated conversion rates below.
- Accor Live without limits:4,000 ALL points for 2,000 Etihad Guest miles
- Mundo de Hyatt:2.5 World of Hyatt points per 1 Etihad Guest Mile, starting at 5,000 points
- IHG One Rewards:5 IHG One Rewards for 1 Etihad Guest Mile, starting at 10,000 points
- Marriott Bonvoy:3 Marriott Bonvoy points per 1 Etihad Guest Mile, starting at 3,000 points, with 5,000 bonus miles for every 60,000 points redeemed
- Radisson Rewards Americas:10 Radisson Rewards Americas points per 1 Etihad Guest mile, starting at 2,000 points
- Shangri-La Circle:1 Shangri-La Circle point per 1 Etihad Guest mile, starting at 1000 points
Find the Best Hotel Rewards Credit Cards of 2023
To know more